Monday, January 28, 2008

What is Sexy

On the way home from class tonight I heard lots of boy band music circa all my high school homecoming dances. And they reminded me of several qualities I consider very sexy for a man to have.

1. The ability to sing (especially if it is to me). Nothing is sexier to me than being serenaded by a guy. It doesn't have to be in front of a hoard of people and I really like it more if it just the two of us. And I happen to LOVE the male voice. MMMM!

2. Playing the piano. There is something about watching a man's fingers glide along a keyboard. If a guy can't show emotions all the time, then it is there is Chopin or even Billy Joel.

3. Beautiful eyes.This doesn't have to be blue, though that is my preference. I have dated people with chocolate brown eyes. Any eyes can be beautiful if the soul is too.

4. A single long stem rose in your hand. I don't need a bushel. The thought of one perfect, long stem rose caressing me cheek is so nice.

5. A nice scent. Gentlemen, this does NOT mean to take daily (or multiple in some cases) baths in your cologne. But, to pick up a slight scent when you lean down to hug me or as you pass in the hall just does it for me.

6. An accent. (Sorry Evan) I love a good accent, particularly from overseas and particularly from England. Colin Firth, I could just sit and listen to you talk all day, every day!

7. A good sense of self fashion. While the J Crew guys are cute, it is when a guy feels comfortable in his own skin and his own clothes that is extra appealing. Perhaps it is a confidence thing and trust me it translates.

8. Don't be embarrassed to show some emotion. No woman wants a man that cries all day so stop thinking that is what I mean. It is when a guy isn't afraid to kiss me on the cheek or my hair in the middle of a party showing me (and subtly everyone) that he cares . It is when a guy gets so scared of life that it is okay if I am the person to hold him and say it will be okay. Don't be too stoic.

9. Chivalry. Some women vomit at this, something about equality, but I happen to love being put on a pedestal and getting doors held, chair pulled out, etc. for me. And all it is really is common courtesy. Sometimes, I do it right back.

10. Total adoration of me. Of course the sexiest guy is the one who is in love with me! When I can feel it radiating from his eyes, from how he holds me and how he looks at me it makes me feel sexy.

So, I didn't include some of the other things (i.e. nice butt, glorious hair, smart, funny, etc.) and it isn't based upon one guy. It is just a plethora of thoughts that came spewing out of my fingers and on to this blog. And, gentleman, I am curious. How do you rank with my 10 items?

3 comments:

tatiana said...

i was just on my way over here to tell you to update already! glad you got my mental message :)

i used to have a list somewhere of all the things i wanted in a man- there is even an article in this month's oprah mag about it.

Evan said...

I believe I meet all the qualifications...well...almost.

Karen said...

Not the accent darling and I know you hate those.

Oh Tatiana! I forgot about those lovely Oprah mags!