Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I got a horcrux for Christmas!/I'm now a Sadie gal

"You know what, the rumors are true. I do have a special fellow in my life..."


Here is the story:

It is Christmas Day in the evening. Karen goes to the door and lets Evan in. She is wearing pjs and they go to her to her room to exchange gifts. Evan hands her a packaged that looks like a wrapped dvd.


K: Oh, I wonder what this is...Harry Potter, how did you know! (I already found out that was what I was getting earlier when he called and I told him the family got it and were watching it at that moment. Sigh, oh well!).
E: I have something else for you too. He pulls out a small, silver bag. I made a horcrux for you. It is a part of my soul that you have to always keep with you.
K: Laughing. Who'd you kill to make it?
Karen is thinking this is the new necklace she has been hinting that she wanted. A ring falls into her hand. She looks up thinking two things :one-what's this? and two-this isn't a necklace.

E: Karen, will you be my wife?
K: Are you serious?
Evan smiles. Silence.
E: Do you want to try it on?
Evan slides the ring on her finger. Karen looks at it and him confused. More silence.
E: Um, are you going to say yes or should I go home?
K: ...Yes!
Karen gives Evan lots of hugs and kisses.

Some details:
The ring is white gold with two aquamarines and a colorless diamond in the center! I took these pictures that night after we let the family know. We don't know when it will be, but we want to have a winter wedding either November, December or January of '08 or '09.The whole thing was so unexpected and it is quite hard to surprise me.

Ah! I'm engaged!!!!

2 comments:

tatiana said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! this is so exciting! congrats to both of you! post pics nownowNOW! please :)

bluesilk78 said...

You forgot to add the pics! ~Ash