Monday, January 14, 2008

Our trip to Cooperstown!

My Christmas gift to my fiancé (OMG! Not boyfriend, fiancé!) was to visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum in Cooperstown, New York. I know, I am the best.

We started by driving to Syracuse where we stayed at the Embassy Suites on the east side of town. We were starving and I decided we should go out to Carrabbas but we didn't have free internet access! ($10 for 24 hours) So, we found our way the old fashion way and called and looked at a map to plan out our way.

When we got there, we saw a boy kicking the wheel of a car, he let out a explative, then ran way. It looked like a promising evening. There was a thirty minute wait so we went to the bar for a drink. Of course that was crowded too, but what pissed me off was a lady that had her kid (9 or 10 years old?) sitting at the bar with her entertaining himself with his video games while she chatted with a friend. We found a seat open and had a drink. At dinner we talked about our engagment and ideas and had a wonderful time!

The next day we woke up and had our breakfast (with lots of kids running around looking at the "fishies") and headed out to Cooperstown.


Evan & I in front of the museum!


Look at the parking spot I got!


Players advertising beer.


Evan with Lou Gehrig's locker


Me watching Jackie Robinson slam a ball out of the park.


Yeah the Indians are awesome!


What women want.


Mmm, hot dogs...


and popcorn!


Look, I put Slider together!


The program from the 1948 World Series, the last time the Indians won the World Series.


Have I mentioned that I love the Indians?


THE bloody sock!


Cal smiling for the camera while he throws the ball.


Evan's a baseball star...


and so am I!


The best locker of all the teams, the Indians' locker.

That night we went to Kitty Hoynes, an Irish pub where there was live music. I would recommend the kinsale calamari and the local beers!

The next day we went out to see the Christmas decor at a really old house that was decorated for the holidays. While we were there, we got yummy cider and peanut brittle. Mmmm! However, they wouldn't let us take pictures inside the house, so these are a few from the other venues.


Part of Lorenzo House.


Evan wishes he had the rule book that is in the upper part of this picture.


I love the color of the cloth here.


Evan with one of the many carriages.

Afterwards we were going to tour Ommegang Brewery, but that didn't happen since it was closed (though they said they would be open...grrr!). Instead, we went back to the hotel for the evening to relax. There was a wedding going on so the noise was very loud, but we still had a lot of fun.


Evan opening a bottle for our own tasting! We got a sampler of beers by the Middle Ages Brewing Company which was very nice!


How could I not love a beer called "The Duke"?


Watching the game with pizza & wings.


The perfect room service dessert!


Aren't we cute?

No comments: