Friday, June 22, 2007

Old Man look at my arm, I have a bruise from you (think Neil Young)

Since my dad has been traveling all over the place and was quite tired on Wednesday, Evan and I got to take my parent's tickets and see "La Traviata" at the Cleveland Playhouse. The soprano was quite good, especially since she had to sing in ridiculous stilettos with no backs, even though she had some jaw tension. The tenor was also great, but he seemed a little full of himself in my opinion and lacked love for Violette and loved himself. The chorus was great (except for this one annoying girl that looked like she was trying a bit too hard) and I just love Cleveland audiences and the enthusiasm for opera and classical music.

However, I had to sit next to this older man who, as soon as he sat down, took up both of the arm rest and invaded my personal space. He also stood to take off his coat and elbowed me quite hard on my arm AND DID NOT APOLOGIES. I don't care what your age is, you should acknowledge when you've hit someone and at least pretend that you are sorry. Also, even though I am small it doesn't mean that anyone has the right to take up my space. It happens on airplanes, in theaters and all over. Grrrr.

No comments: