Sunday, March 16, 2008

Prayers

My weekend started off very well. I went to Brides Against Breast Cancer and got my wedding dress! (see my other blog for details). I found out I did awesome on my mid-terms and got to see Evan.

But, this past week my maternal grandfather, whom we call Sir, found out that he had a lump on his liver. We found out yesterday that is is cancer. He also has leukemia (this has been on going for the past two years) and diabetes. My grandmother is not handling it well and there is going to be surgery later on this week. The doctors are optimistic about the success of the operation, since it has shown to work in previous cases. My mother is wreck over it and probably will be going to see them later this week.

Then, yesterday evening, we received a call about my paternal grandfather. He had a stroke and is currently paralyzed on one side of his body. My uncle and aunt are on their way to see him. Everything is still up in the air about how his condition is and how he will be in the next few days. My dad will probably go out to see him as well.

Needless to say, this is becoming a difficult time for the family. If you could please keep us all in your prayers, that would be much appreciated. The suddenness and the timing is what makes this quite hard. I am thankful that my wedding dress has cause a little ray of sunshine in the household and everyone adores it, but it is still a tough. Thanks for any thoughts you can send my way.

No comments: