Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To the creeps that ripped down my recital posters:

Dear creeps,

I would thank you not to rip down anymore of my recital posters. Apparently you get some sick jollies out of destroying other people's work and that there is a vendetta against me for some reason, seeing as you felt the need to leave up every other poster in the elevator. Perhaps it is because you are intimidated by my ability to sing in every language on the planet, to understand at least five of them by translating them on the spot in a basic form and to do all that in heels while not hiding behind my music. Yes, I can see how my ability to sing in any concert setting, in any style and genre and to enjoy working with voices and instruments makes me a person of whom to beware. Or could it be my ability to acknowledge my audience after I sing with a smile, the way I dress appropriately for all performing situations, that I am actually intelligent and and can sight read and find it highly enjoyable to teach my audiences while simultaneously entertaining them? Or perhaps you don't realize that I have the utmost respect for all instrumentalist, seeing as I have learned how to play every single instrument in the orchestra since I also have a degree in education. And for this reason I have sung with various instrumentalist throughout my vocal studies.

Ah yes, it is all so much clearer now! The fear is what drove you to do it of course.

Or perhaps you are just a :::insert expletive here:::.

1 comment:

Evan said...

I'd go with the later.