Saturday, April 12, 2008

A little laugh in a somber week

I have just finished my time in the opera last night as a lead and it has been a very rough week for me and the family. My grandfather, whom we have called "Sir" for as long as I have been in existence, died early Tuesday morning. From there, I had to do a hearing for my recital a few hours later and my final, and only, dress rehearsal for the opera. He was the head of our family on my mom's side and it has been very strange to think of life without him. My mom was with him for the last two weeks as he was dealing with failing health and now most of the family is there too. So, it has been a bit lonely here for me.

But, I have wonderful friends and a fantastic fiance who has been so supportive and I thank you for all the love and prayers

Life has lots of little ways to perk me up as I keep moving. Such as...



I know this has been out since the Super Bowl, but I laugh every time I see it. If only it was that simple (and inexpensive)!

2 comments:

tatiana said...

karen, so sorry to hear about all the family turmoil! hopefully spring will get to ohio soon and you can smile again with sun on your face!

Cindy Lane said...

Karen,

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Dan and I send our condolences to your family (and a great big hug to you).

Cindy