Friday, November 9, 2007

Trust...

This week was going beautifully until...BAM!!! I received an email stating that the teaching I was planning on doing, and told I would be doing, this spring would not be happening. Oh, and thanks for my interest and I have a thank you gift in the mail. Very professional. It wouldn't be so bad except that I had put a lot of time and energy into the process of being trained for this position and been honest about my schedule from the first meeting we had. And, please, AN EMAIL? Beside the fact that the turnaround between giving me my schedule for the spring and my "thanks for the interest" letter was less than twenty four hours.

So the lessons learned: don't trust anything until it is totally finalized in writing, no matter the situation. How frustrating this day has been!

No comments: