Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I tried to make lemonade out of lemons, but all I got was lemon juice in my eye...figuratively speaking.

Negative: Getting stuck behind a truck going 35 in a 55 for miles when I was already late.

Positive: I eventually passed him!

Negative: Gas light went on, meaning I had to get my bum off the highway and be even later to pay for gas.

Positive: I used my credit card (see further down for details).

Negative: I couldn't find a parking spot in the student lot and had to pay to park.

Positive: The garage is right next to the music building & the lady that takes my money is always nice.

Negative: I was very, very late for class.

Positive: Dr. Toliver is so sweet, he totally understood when I apologized.

Negative: I had to conduct in my next class and I felt like I was flapping my arms with no results. Lots of problems and lots of awkwardness the whole time.

Positive: I didn't take up the whole class...at least he knows I'm trying. Oh, and I got to see my guys in class & I heart them!

Negative: I sang first in studio & I felt like it was really shrill.

Positive: It improved.

Negative: I didn't get butter on my baked potato at lunch!

Positive: It is healthier that way?

Negative: My voice lesson seems only to prove how much work I have to do to get good enough to do a recital. I leave feeling like my work has gotten me no where.

Positive: I have come a long way & I know that all that negative stuff is just in my head...even though I can't get it out!

Negative: I lost my credit card.

Positive: I knew the exact last purchase I made (the gas!), no one else has used it since and it is now canceled. Perhaps this will limit my spending till my new card comes.

1 comment:

tatiana said...

ugh, what a day! that is def some lemon juice in the eye.

and as much as i love citrus, that's not where it belongs.