Monday, July 16, 2007

Weddings, Relationships & Birthdays

On the eve of my birthday celebrating my 24 years of existence I have come to think about all that has happened in this year to me and my friends. It seems that life changes come about it so many different ways. People die, they wed, they move, they change. The reflection of myself is fairly similar to the one I was a year ago. But is it?

A recent speaker said that when you are in your twenties every thing seems important. What you are doing, where you are going and how you are going to get there in life needs to be answered asap. But when you hit your thirties, these questions become less important, because you begin to look around and realize that life isn't that pushy.

So many of my friends have married and I am happy for them. When two people can bring out the best in one another they should be together. And there will always be little thing perhaps that may become bothersome, that is normal. But when are the "little things" really big things that we live in denial about. When should we start to take a step back and say "wait, this isn't right."

My life has gone all over and right now I am making some tough decisions. Teaching, singing, school...where do I want to go?
And after talking with tons of my old friends at a wedding this past weekend, I have found that I am not the only one to ask those questions and to make resolutions.

So, I may have made some errors, but it is how I fix them that show who I am.

On the eve of my birthday I am okay with life and glad I have the choice to make decisions for myself. I would never have seen myself as this studious a person. 24 years old. Erg. How weird is that?

No comments: