Saturday, September 6, 2008

Life's Twists & Turns

Ah, my friends it has been too long! Forget the fact that I totally skipped out during the month of August, I have had so much happening that I go to sleep in the single digit hours! Aren't I suppose to be young and healthy?

Well, here is the the quick details of right now:

I got a new job! I teach music (K-6) in the Cleveland area (not in Cleveland, but the area) and it is draining my life. Besides the fact that I work 8+ hours writing lesson plans and teaching, there is all the hall duties and lunch duties and recess duties...and let me tell you the name "duties" describes how I feel about that.

I joined the COC again! We have a seven hour rehearsal tomorrow night that I am praying gets cut short because I need to get some sleep in...

MY NEW APARTMENT! Yes friends, I am moving out of the nest and to a new place. The big reason is that I currently live an hour+ commute away from my job and that is no fun. So Ev and I have found a lovely little place that combines the historical with the new kitchen that I want.

My very good friend Ashley got engaged! So now, two of my bridesmaids are getting married next year (after me, of course) and I am so thrilled for them. Plus, I get to go to Florida for the wedding!!!

So that is the basics, though there has been ever so much more. Life is just exhausting and right now I don't know if I am cut out for this teaching thing. I mean, I like it, but especially as the "music" teacher, I don't feel very respected. I know that I am training the kids, but it is like everyone things that a good music program means instruments and they just don't understand the value of being able to ::ahem, ahem:: read the music. Being told what to do by people that aren't professionals is like telling a architect how to build a house. TRUST THE EXPERT PEOPLE!

On that note (pun intended) I promise to write more in the coming month about all my shenanigans and how things progress. Just as soon as the Internet is installed at my new place:). Keep watching!

1 comment:

Evan said...

It's a busy and great time. This reminds me... I should probably be posting on my blog now that I have a more steady schedule. What an inspiration you are "music teacher!"