Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Zip" a dee do da

Well, I just completed my first week at Akron and I have to say that I hate being the newbie. Sigh, that is the bad thing about change, there is always billions of new things to learn and everyone else seems to already know it all!

In that way, I found out about several classes and meetings that I was suppose to just know about through word of mouth. Fortunately, I am not alone in my thoughts as I talked with some other entering grad students and discovered they didn't have a clue about things either.

So, I had some interesting class and various mistakes trying to figure out my schedule, but at least I got to work out three times this week! YES! This happened between the bomb threats that were made on the building across the street from the music building. Welcome to Akron.

In other news, I finally have sturdy internet access 24/7 and I fully intend to utilize it. I am trying to find a job and I think I may have one, but no promises yet. I have to schedule my recital for the spring and I have auditions for opera scenes next Thursday. Any suggestions of what I should sing??? (Two contrasting pieces and I haven't a clue!)

Mostly, I am trying to get life sorted out and make sure that everything is running smoothly. And, as Evan said, just to have fun doing this major. It's performance, it should be jolly although the hard word and diva-attitudes are also a factor.

1 comment:

Evan said...

I'm glad you took my comment to heart.